1. 2020 has been a crazy year. The Board of Directors is eager to finish the year and start a new one. I’m sure you feel the same. Since we only held three in-person meetings and COVID has been hard on many people, the Board unanimously voted to gift each paid member in 2020 with a free year in 2021. Now if you insist on paying/donating to the club, we will still take your membership but this is our gift to you.
2. November and December meetings are cancelled. We have had very low attendance on Zoom so we will not be offering virtual meetings moving forward. Normally, we have the honey tasting in November. We will probably push this to the January meeting. More information to follow. We DO plan to begin 2021 with in-person meetings on January 7th.
3. The Board has also voted to not have a Beekeeper of the Year for 2020. We will try again in 2021.
4. If you will be selling nucs, equipment, queens, etc. and want to let the club know, please send us details of what you are selling, when you will take orders, and your contact information. We plan to put in the newsletter as well as Facebook.
5. The Queen/Ambassador program is looking for another young person willing to represent the club and educate the public about bees. If interested, please fill out the application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. The Youth Scholarship Program will also resume in 2021. If you know a youth between the ages of 12 to 17 that is interested in becoming a beekeeper, point them to our scholarship application. Due by January 15, 2021. https://www.etba.info/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/SCHOLARSHIPAPPLICATION-1.pdf
7. More information to come, but we do plan to offer an Introductory Bee Class in 2021. Tentatively set for April. If you paid for the class in 2020, you are welcome to join us. However, if you wish for refund, please email Jennifer Palmer (Treasurer) for a refund.
I know this is a lot of information but we wanted to keep each of you informed with decisions being made and our plans for 2021. As we enter the Fall and holiday season, we wish the very best to each of you. May we treasure our family and friends and all the many blessings we still experience each and every day EVEN in the midst of a crazy year.